Do you want to build healthy habits in your life and set an example for your family?
There are a few things that are important to everyone’s health. You may want to adjust this list based on what is important in your personal life.
Here is a general list that will ensure your building your healthy habits.
- Stop Smoking – If you smoke this should be the very first thing you work on quitting. But you may wonder how stopping smoking is a habit. Analyze how you habituate smoking and reverse that. For example, if you normally get up in the morning and have a smoke and coffee stop. Now instead, get up drink 32 ounces of warm lemon water and go for a fast ten minute to 15-minute walk.
- Drink More Water – Most people should drink about 64 ounces of water per day, give or take a few ounces depending on your weight and diet. However, most people are walking around dehydrated, so this is a problem that you should address next if you don’t smoke cigarettes. You can habituate drinking water by not waiting until you are thirsty to drink Divide the 64 ounces among your day drinking at specific times, a specific amount to reach your 64-ounce goal each day.
- Drink Less Alcohol –Some studies say drinking a glass of red wine each day is good for you. Most people really don’t stick to that one glass. One glass when it comes to wine is only five ounces. Once you go over the recommended amount you blow out the benefits. You can get the same benefits drinking red grape juice too. If you currently drink more than three times a week cut that down to one drink a week. Once you succeed with that, cut id down to only very special occasions and only the best quality.
- Eat More Veggies – Try to include more low-fat vegetable-based meals in your week. If all your meals currently involve an animal product try replacing only one with a low-fat vegetable-based meal but do not use prepackaged replacements instead make it a fresh meal. For example, if you replace breakfast make oatmeal the basis of your morning. Don’t be plain. Put fruit, nuts, and flavor in your oats to make it worth it.
- Move More – Another important habit to develop as soon as possible so that you set the best example for your kids is to be more active and move more. People are too inactive today and aren’t burning off the calories they eat. Even people who eat healthy diets are becoming overweight due to living a sedentary life. Plus, your kids will remember experiences you pay for more than they will sit on their rear-ends looking at screens.
The millennial generation is the first generation not expected to outlive their parents. All these habits are going to improve not only your health but they will set a good example for your children so that they have it a lot easier staying healthy. Imagine if these habits are instilled in them from a young age. They won’t want to live any differently because this is what they know, and the habit is comfortable for them.